Full professor in Food Science – Department of Agricultural Sciences, Food and Environmental, University of Perugia, Italy.
Professional biography Prof. Maurizio Servili, born September 8, 1961, graduated in Agricultural Science in 1986 at the University of Perugia Italy. He acquired domestic and international experience as doctoral fellow at the Istituto di industrie Agrarie (1986-1990) University of Perugia, Italy and The Food Science Laboratories, Dept. Bioscience and Biotechnology of Strathclyde University, Glasgow, Scotland (C.N.R. n°. 203. 06. 49, 1994) Prof. Servili started his academic career as Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Agriculture, University of Perugia (1990-1998). At the moment he is Associate Professor at the Faculty of Agricultural, University of Perugia. The major research involves virgin olive oil, wine and tomato products.
The most important fields of interest has been reported below:
- study of the importance of several minor compounds of virgin olive oil such as phenols and volatile compounds from the sensory and healthy point of view
- Antioxidant activity evaluation of virgin olive oil phenolic antioxidants
- virgin olive oil characterization the agronomic and technological condition of production
- optimization of head space analysis in virgin olive oil and tomato derivatives to define relationships between sensory profile and GC-MS results
- Technological innovation in oil mechanical extraction process aimed to improve sensory and healthy quality of oil and to valorise olive by-products such as pomaces and vegetation waters
Prof. Servili has been author of almost 180 articles (papers and/or presentations) published in various national and international journals and congress proceedings.